My Inner Thoughts

What I see and hear and feel

Friday, September 15, 2006

You are Fired

Carolyn

by Donald J. Trump

As you may know, my former "Apprentice" Carolyn Kepcher is no longer with the Trump Organization and everyone wants to know why. I had to fire her but it wasn't like one of my dramatic boardroom scenes.

The fact is, I like Carolyn very much but she loved her fame and she loved her celebrity on "The Apprentice" and it was affecting her work. She wasn't doing her job like she used to or was capable of doing. So I felt that after 11 years together it was time for a rest.

I told Carolyn in the nicest way possible, "Go out and enjoy your family. Get a new job."

And I think she agreed that it was a good decision. We had a good run, but now it's over.

As far as "The Apprentice" is concerned, Ivanka replaces Carolyn next season. Ivanka did a fantastic job last year and she continues to amaze me with her talents. The show continues to be a monster hit and, as usual, I'm having a lot of fun.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lesson Learnt
As long as YOU are an employee NEVER (EVER):
  1. Talk louder than your Boss
  2. Appear on TV or Newspapers more often than your Boss
  3. Accept any interviews from the media UNLESS your Boss as you to do so
  4. Walk in front of your Boss
  5. Talk faster and/or smarter than your Boss (Even if your Boss says nonsence, he is still right)
  6. Correct your Boss in front of other people
  7. Ask your Boss, "Where are you now?"
  8. Show your Boss that you love your fame & celebrity status
  9. Talk whenever your Boss is talking
  10. Show your Boss that you are upset (Keep smiling - Bosses like idiots)

If you can do all the above 10 "NEVER" list, you will be quite safe and you will never live to hear the infamous line of Trump, "You are fired."

4 Comments:

At September 21, 2006 4:57 PM, Blogger kimi azhan said...

I am a fan of The Apparentice. I like Carolyn... she's sharp! But yes, sometimes, a boss get intimated by his own subordinates... wonder why? Coz to me, a true leader will develop another leader.....

 
At October 04, 2006 9:30 PM, Blogger Fariz Abdullah @Francis said...

Hi Kimi,

Sorry for the late reply. Busy lah...
And fasting lagi.....

I have come across many bosses who feel intimidated by smarter subordinates. Only modern and highly educated bosses will appreciate the brains of their staff.

Thanks for your comment.
Selamat Berpuasa.

 
At July 28, 2008 12:08 AM, Blogger ミザ said...

I'll keep that in mind, dear sir.

:)

By the way, I stumbled into your blog from Emilio's page. He's a junior of mine. ^^.

 
At August 20, 2008 10:05 PM, Blogger Fariz Abdullah @Francis said...

Hello all....Thank you for all your comments...I appreciate your thoughts.
I like to share and learn new things from all of you, so keep dropping by if you are free.

To Iruka...welocme to my blog

To Kimi...good to see you again...keep dropping by....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home