My Inner Thoughts

What I see and hear and feel

Monday, July 31, 2006

I WANT to HELP, to SERVE and to make a difference in others.

Today I wrote a letter to an old friend of mine in the Lions Club Dr. Chan Tiang Ho, to request his assistance in helping a family's friend. And I feel good, I hope this "project" will eventually materialized like all other projects that I have initiated in my Lions Club.
Give me all the blessings, for me and for aunty Ruby.
*** kindly be informed that I was known as Francis Tan, before I became Fariz Abdullah, in case you do not know who is Francis Tan.
I am still actively involved in the Lions Movement and I personally have initiated many interesting community projects in and outside Malaysia. "To Serve" is our motto.
..........................................................................................................................................................................
Dear Lion Dr. Chan,

How are you getting on? I have not seen you for many years and have not met you in an Lions' Conventions, you must have been very busy.

By the way, I hope you still remember me, Lion Francis Tan. I am now based in KL and have been here for many years.
I received this email this morning and would like to know if you could direct me to the right person in KL for such project. I know a lady who need our help. She is a Filipina married to a Malaysian many years back and is now living alone (under the care of welfare, relatives and friends) after her divorced quite a number of years ago. We call her aunty Ruby.
Her right eye has a whitish growth and is making her vision blur. She did mentioned to me about her situatuion and in fact I was just talking to her yesterday, that I could try to see if there is any Lions Sight First project in KL so that we could help her.
This email comes in at the right time, maybe its her luck.
Dr. Chan, will you be kind to find out more for me on this. I thank you on her behalf and GOD bless.
By the way, its really GOOD to be able to talk to you again after so many years (wonderful Lions' Years).
You take care and regards to your beautiful wife and family.

Yours in Lionism,
Ln. Francis Tan

5 Comments:

At August 02, 2006 8:52 AM, Blogger Leilanie said...

Darling,
You are one good soul......
I know this because I sleep with the Angel.

:)

p/s :
Hope we could get that service for aunty Ruby. InsyaAllah.

 
At August 03, 2006 10:32 AM, Blogger kimi azhan said...

Dear Fariz,

Hope your mission is being made possible, insya Allah.

Was told by Lanie that you love travelling. I'm planning to bring my kids to play with the snow in Victoria, Mt Buller... ever been there?

 
At August 08, 2006 10:28 PM, Blogger Madame A said...

Fariz, I hope you will be successful in helping Aunty Ruby.

 
At August 09, 2006 11:56 AM, Blogger Fariz Abdullah @Francis said...

Hi...All,
Sorry for the late reply. Was very busy and was not feeling well lately. Getting old I guess...he he he.

Hi Kimi,
Thank you for your encouraging words. I really hope we can help aunty Ruby. Pray hard people.
And about Victoria -is this the Victoria in Vancouver, Britich Columbia in Canada? Well, if it is, then I can tell you its a wonderful place - provided you love flowers. Lots of them.

Hi Mama Chops,
Mama chpos? hum...what a name...kool. Thanks for dropping by and thank you for your support. We need supportive people to keep our spirits HIGH everynow and then.
Thanks.

And not forgetting my darling who is my NO.1 supporter in everything I do.
I am one good soul because you turn me into one.
I am an angel because you gave me the wings to become one.
I am who I am because of YOU.
Love you darling.
@-}-----
@-}------
@--}-----
3 roses for you ;-)

Fariz

 
At August 10, 2006 4:33 PM, Blogger Leilanie said...

Thank you, darling........ for the beautiful roses.
:)
It brings me back to those days.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home