My Inner Thoughts

What I see and hear and feel

Friday, July 07, 2006

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY AND MORE MONEY

Some say "Money is not everything..." I say..."Everything IS Money", in the real sense, everythnig needs money.

We, all of us living in this century cannot ignore or pretend that money is NOT an issue. We can no longer live in our own fantasy world trying to lie to ourselves that LOVE will conquere all. No, no, no my dear friends, LOVE is nothing without money. On the contrary LOVE will flourish when there is MONEY - true? In fact it is very, very true. Look around us and judge for yourself and observe all the things that are happening around us. Then you can tell me confidently whether money does make a difference in almost everything in lives.

MONEY is a sensitive issue and not many people like to talk about it, except me. I am a realistix person, I believe very much that MONEY is what makes the world goes round. NOT in the actual sense of its context, but in the realistic cent of our material world.

I am very badly affected by the word - MONEY. I could not say that I do not have enough and at the same time I could not say that I am contented with what I had. There is a saying, enough is never enough...and yes, I do not have enough of it -MONEY.

Then there are people who ask me, "How much is enough?" I think and I say, not enough...I want more. And more. Because there are so many things that I wanted and I could not afford. Things that others had, but I don't. Places that others went, but I have'nt. WHY?

WHY? Because of MONEY that's why! Idiot ! Oh, I'm so sorry, I usually get carried away when it comes to money. You see, I live a simple life when I was young, I live by my own little "motto" which I hold dearly even until today.
My motto: "I rather die rich than to live poor..."

Of course some of you may not agree with me, BUT that's ok, its fine with me, because it's MINE motto or credos, whichever you call it. I choose to live by my motto not because I am greedy but because I have this "FEAR" of not having enough MONEY. The fear of living poor, the fear of many things that money can do and I could not have the money to do them. The fact that I said I am not greedy for money is being proven by my generous donations I contributed through the Lions Club throughout the many years of my life. I love to do charitable works, I love to help, to serve ("TO SERVE", is the Lion's Club motto), to be useful to the society.

Money, money, money, is in fact nothing but "papers"- papers that is recognised by certain financial instituitions. But it is these papers that determine WHERE you stand in this society. YES, it is this very "papers" that tell everyone who you are, what you are made of, where do you come from, how do you live, why are you here, which places do you go for dinners, what car/s do you drive, what watches do you wear, where do you go for holidays (if any), and the list goes on....

You see, we are all being "judged" by our peers and our society everyday. We cannot avoid that. And if you want to be judged positively, you need to have "papers." Let us not kid ourselves and keep telling ourselves that "I am happy with what I have..." the fact is "how" happy is "your" happiness. Hey! get real...snap out of it....you ARE NOT happy, you are only lying to yourself, day after day, year after year, and by the time you closed your eyes - you are still lying...and yes, lying 6 feet under.

Now, tell me... WERE you really happy?
Many important decisions in this world are made by basing on nothing but - MONEY. Why is the United States so interested in the middle East?, What are the "things" the top executives of Enron and Worldcom are after? why are there so many countries picking-up on the reality show "Idol", why are there so many people joining reality shows? why do people join politics, why do people ask "the custom officers to close one eye", why do people allow themselve to be ran over by a train? why do people go for Ah Long (knowing the danger it entails), why are there so many robberies? why do you think Siti Norhaliza choose to marry (or soon to be married) to a divorced businessman? Why? Why? Why?

Keep asking and keep knocking your head...the answer is clear.
All crucial decisions are made based on the "need" or the "amount" of "papers"
Would Siti marry an ordinary man like me or any kampong man....NO WAY! Get real, she knows what she wants and nobody can stop her - not even her closest friends or relatives. Some sources have even said that her parents are apparently very upset by her decision to be married to a divorced man. Imagine our goody goody "girl next door" is being labelled as a "home wreaker", "husband snatcher". Every single person will conciously think for himself or herself; what they want when they made a life - decision.

Frankly, without any reservation, I believe that my sister would not had married my brother-in-law if he have nothing but just a life or love (to offer).
My good friend Andrew once told me..." If your father is poor, you are fated, but if your father-in-law is also poor - YOU are stupid ! Make sense to you...? (knock, knock, - knock your head now...hello...anybody in there????)
What was he actually saying? Choice. Making a choice, just like Siti -making a choice, the right choice.
And he continues to tell me that he is both fated and stupid........ well, what can I say.

In the final analysis, this paper that I talk about is indeed the very element that actually makes the world goes round. It is this very paper that makes you either happy or sad, it is this very paper that determines your morning kisses or your morning blues, it is this very paper that tells others who you are (and not who you are pretending to be), it is this very paper that creates the much needed respect for you and your family, it is this very paper that determines how many people will attend your funeral, it is this very paper that either "make you" or "break you" and it is this very paper we called MONEY.

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY....

Till then.....love those papers darling, Fariz

13 Comments:

At July 07, 2006 1:50 PM, Blogger bunkerangs said...

hello, bloghopped from leilanie's. have to say was laughing my ass off reading this entry. esp the idiot bit..hahaha. it is sad but true...money makes the world go round..but there is the other side to it too...mo' money mo' problems..hehe

 
At July 07, 2006 2:04 PM, Blogger Leilanie said...

ohhh........ I love those papers, darling.
Show me the money !!!!!!!
(and I'll shower you with love).

Give and take, mah....
hee hee.

On a serious note..........
I agree with you entirely.
100%

 
At July 07, 2006 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I like the way you write, you are a powerful writer. I can feel you.
Keep on writing, I'm your # 1 fan.
Jill

 
At July 09, 2006 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear faris,
I beg to differ. dulu yes! I thought like that too but not until I discover that friends is even more important. I used to jump jobs trying to get better pay everytime until now.. now I miss my old friends ...joey,ami,shamrul and belive it or not Dr. Yusseri as a boss. The extra RMXXX is not worth it. I'm not to say that I'm not happy here ( at my new place ) tapi I would rather be there in my previous cubile where I can shoot nuke bombs ( Unreal 2004) while smoking L&M :D. Yes I regret for not being able to be with my friends...

rite now I own a cat. Let say somebody will offer a million for it.. I might sell it but I will be a very very very very sad rich man :(. So please don't make the offer ok? :p

To me money is not everything. I'm more into "happiness is everything"...but hey that is just me. Sometimes money can by happiness when we can buy things that we want or things for our loves one. The keyword is "sometimes". I'm pretty happy with my financial ability rite now but there is still something money can't buy for me.. I'm not happy about it..all I can do is usaha and pray because all come from the above..


regards,
linuxlah

p/s: money can't buy us in into the 7th heaven but it can be _use_ to get us there.

 
At July 10, 2006 10:08 AM, Blogger kimi azhan said...

Fariz,

Money is a requirement,
happiness is a must,
get a balance of both
and you will live to the fullest!

My two-cents opinion on money.. keep up with your writing!

Emil's friend - Auntie Kimi
a.k.a Kimi, Lanie's old old MAS friend

 
At July 10, 2006 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dropping by to say Hi!

Don't fully agree but can't deny that almost everything we do is related to money. But it will only be as meaningful as what we do with it.

Interesting write-up. Keep it coming. Lelainie's even more interesting. So is Emillio's.

Cool!!!


YE

 
At July 10, 2006 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its the combination of LOVE and MONEY.

Money puts food on the table. You eat together and have a laugh. You get love.

Love makes you work hard, make a living to you can find money to lay food on the table.

Without money, you'll frown. Without love, you're done for. But let me draw a picture to make your decision simpler:
a) You're on an island with no money. You live on coconuts, herbs and hunting. You have your familty with close you, and you love them. They love you in return.

c) You're on an island alone. You have lots of money. You have a huge building. You have a mercedes. But you have no one to share it with.

Which life would you choose? As human's, a long time ago, before money was invented, we lived happilly. But we had love. Money is just a modern way to trade. If our decision is based on today's modern day world, then we're more materialistic than we thought.

 
At July 11, 2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Fariz Abdullah @Francis said...

Dear bunkerangs,

Thank you for being the FIRST to visit my blog and leaving a comment. I notice you are a scorpio too.kool. We think alike, to a certain extend.
Thanks for your comment. Appreciate your thoughts.

 
At July 11, 2006 4:57 PM, Blogger Fariz Abdullah @Francis said...

Hi darling,
Thank you for your encouraging words - you are the BEST.
Love you,
Fariz

 
At July 11, 2006 5:01 PM, Blogger Fariz Abdullah @Francis said...

Hi Jill,

I like the way you write too ! Short and sweet. Thanks for your comment and your "feel"...
well...at least I got 1 fan...ha ha ha...
Thanks, Fariz

 
At July 11, 2006 5:09 PM, Blogger Fariz Abdullah @Francis said...

Hi Bro Jeff,
How are you? Good of you to drop- by my blog, my new interest...ha ha ha.
I must say that friends are indeed very important. Friends make you laught, make you tick, make your life more meaningful. And we are glad we have friends like you, bro.
Come by our house when you are free, ok.
Long time no see. You take care and thanks for your comment - points taken.
salam,
Fariz

 
At July 11, 2006 5:17 PM, Blogger Fariz Abdullah @Francis said...

Hi Kimi,
I heard so much about you - all the good things of course.
Our son has such a high respect for you, you are one of his strongest supporter. Thank you for that.
My wife talks about you all the time. Kimi, Kimi, Kimi..yes I know that name. Thanks for visiting my blog, your comment is valuable - stricking a balance.You are right.
Thank you so much for being a wonderful friend to us and a supportive auntie to our son. Our "salam" to you and your family.
Fariz

 
At July 11, 2006 5:22 PM, Blogger Fariz Abdullah @Francis said...

Hi YE,

Thanks for dropping by....do you have a blog?

So how are you feeling today?
Yes...I know what you are going to say...he he he.
Fariz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home