My Inner Thoughts

What I see and hear and feel

Friday, August 11, 2006

Scomi, Penang Bridge, and more

Last night while watching the TV3 late night news, our beloved PM warned that spreading lies can only create problems and cause instability in our society.
We should all tell the truth and not slander people and be responsible in what we say.
Last few days while talking to Annuar in an interview, our PM said very clearly that his son Kamal did not abuse their relationship and has not benefitted from any projects in Malaysia.
His son's business is in Oil and Gas and that his business trasactions are mostly done outside Malaysia. Because he could not make a living in Malaysia (ya...tell me about it....Me too)
Ironically on Thursday night, while watching TV3 late night news, I heard the newscaster saying that Scomi is keen to work with any party with regards to the new Penang Brigde project. Kamal apparently is a director of Scomi and is preparing to list Scomi in S'pore Stock Exchange.
I am not sure if the TV3 News is correct of not, but I know I heard correctly and clearly that "they are keen to work with any party with regards to the new Penang Bridge Project".
This may be a wrong move if Scomi decided to take on this project.
This may very well jeopardise our beloved PM position and it will give the opposition another "weapon" to attack our PM and his immediate family.
What will they think of next? I wonder....

2 Comments:

At August 15, 2006 6:12 PM, Blogger kimi azhan said...

Fariz, I am not that keen really to discuss on political issues. However, as a citizen of Malaysia, I think it is our concern if such case happened (i.e Scomi got the project). This will definitely steer discussions/debate/accusation regarding the leadership & ethics of our PM. I hope, who ever does the evaluation for RFP of the said project, will keep in mind that this is not a game, it's a future of a country's develpment that we're talking about!

 
At August 25, 2006 12:59 AM, Blogger Fariz Abdullah @Francis said...

Hi Kimi,
sorry for the late reply, was very very busy.
Your comment - could'nt agree more. You are right. Maybe that's why our ex-PM is so upset. Now the next focus is on his son-in-law who apparently owns more than RM6 millions worth of shares (of ECM-Libra) of which he has already sold. I wonder how could a 28++ man get a loan of such huge amount, I cannot even get a bank to loan me RM3 Million. You know which bank? I like to go get a big loan. Recently I was asking for a RM200,000 loan and it was "big" issue, I need to furnish so many documents and so on and so forth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home