My Inner Thoughts

What I see and hear and feel

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

You are wanted in the Conference room - NOW!

At about 11.13AM this morning, one staff walk coolly into my room and said, " Fariz, you are wanted in the conference room - NOW.
But then I was busy...she was very insistent and she repeatedly said you are wanted, now...

Suddenly I asked myself...was it because I came late this morning?

I was never called into the conference room before...and what is the rush...NOW?
Anyway, I pick up my notebook, pen and head to the "cold" room - conference room is always cold. Leading the way, is the cool lady.
And boy, she was walking fast.

And I though...what's the rush...hello....lady...

The moment we reach the conference, she flung open the door and invited me in...OMG!!!

BANG !!!

The moment I walk in, I can see that everyone is already there...waiting patiently for ME.

And I heard a thunderous..."Happy Birthday to you..." Phew...oh...ok..catching my breath...no air, no air....
There was a cake with 1 candle on it and everyone stood up and says "Happy Birthday", and sung the traditional birthday song over and over again.

Wow...I felt so...uneasy (almost embarrassed) but very appreciative for what they have done for me.

I blew the candle and gave my "Birthday speech"...thank you, thank you...blah blah blah.

And we all had my birthday cake for breakfast...all well, ends well...

Oh...not finish yet....15 minutes later...guess what????

MY boss walk into my room and handled me....an "Ang Pow" - he said, "Its customary to give "Ang Pow" to birthday boy".


Wow...no air, no air (again)...this is getting better and better...with the ang pow on my hand I said Thank you shyly - suddenly I felt like I am a kid, out from school celebrating his birthday of sort.

And before he walk out from my room, he said, "oh...as for the trip to Penang, please go ahead as you plan, 2 nights stay is ok with me. Last week he approved 1 night stay, but now he said its ok, if I want to stay for 2 nights.

One good thing after another...I wish it never end. What will be next?

Well, hope my birthday wishes will come true...soon.

With this "Thank YOU" to you all...you are loved...by me always. Thanks for all the wishes and planning and all the little things you did to make my birthday a big "bang" -yesterday. Thank you, thank you.

Birthday boy, Nov 9th, 2008
Fariz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home